The perfect way to capture the moment is by taking a forever lasting picture. Here are some helpful tips to remember next time you are taking some nature photography.
- Remember to be patient! Some of the best moments won't happen right away. Keep your eye out and trust your gut. Sometimes it will be right in front of you but you already moved on. Trust the process and enjoy the waiting game.
- Bring a portable charger and extra SD cards. There is nothing worse than being out in the middle of nowhere and your camera dying, or your card being out of storage. Remember to bring extra of both and be over prepared rather than seeing the perfect shot slip between your fingers.
- Have the proper lens. Don't get picky with choosing which lens to bring on your adventure, its best to have a variety. Both a wide angle and a lens with a good amount of zoom capability will set you up for a wide range of possible outcomes to get the right shot.
- Get your camera settings in order. You dont want to be messing with your settings as the animal you have been waiting for walks across your view path. If you are going to get involved with post production editing, shooting in RAW format will set you up with the best success for color range.
- Underexposing your shots is another helpful tip when planning on post production correction. It's always easier to bring the brightness of a shot up than down when editing. This way to can easily dial in the perfect lighting for the final product.
Happy shooting everyone. Use the hashtag #explorecreatively on any of your shots you post so we can see them!